Like all cymbopogons, Java citronella comes from Indonesia and has large, narrow leaves and linear stems and inflorescences. Citronellas are large perennial herbs that grow wild or are cultivated in tropical regions like Java and Sri Lanka. Their fresh, green, lemony odour resembles that of Melissa, for which they are sometimes used as substitutes.
Botanical name: Cymbopogon winterianus
Distilled part: Aerial part
Aromatic molecules: Geraniol, citronellol, citronellal, geranial
Odour: Fresh and terpene-like with a subtle green-lemon note
*Organic signifies “proceeding from organic farming” (contrôle Certisys BE-BIO-01)
*ECOGARANTIE products certified organic in accordance with ECOGARANTIE (Certisys Control) specification
Instructions for use:
For local massage: 1-2 drops added to 1-2 drops of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
For body massage: 2-10 drops added in 5-10 ml of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
A skin patch test is recommended for those with sensitive skin.
For use in an essential oil diffuser: 1-6 drops can be added undiluted into the diffuser (ultrasonic, atmospheric).
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For external use only.
- Do not take orally.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted.
- If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Centre.
- If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with water or vegetable oil.
- Avoid exposure of applied area(s) to the sun.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or with children under the age of 6.
- If you experience nausea, dizziness, headache or an allergic reaction, discontinue use.
There are no reviews yet.