Native to Asia, this tree with greyish-brown bark has very small, dark green leaves and small groups of flowers at the end of its branches. The fruit is a green ovoid cone (4 cm) which turns brown upon maturity, with overlapping scales. These large, pyramidal evergreen trees were dedicated to Pluto, God of the Underworld, which explains their frequent presence in cemeteries.
Botanical name: Cupressus sempervirens var. stricta
Distilled part: Branch
Aromatic molecules: Pinene, ?-3-carene
Odour: Sweet balsamic, warm overtones of pine needles, juniper berry
Cupressus sempervirens oil*
*Organic signifies “proceeding from organic farming” (contrôle Certisys BE-BIO-01)
*ECOGARANTIE products certified organic in accordance with ECOGARANTIE (Certisys Control) specification
Instructions for use:
For local massage: 1-2 drops added to 1-2 drops of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
For body massage: 2-10 drops added in 5-10 ml of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
A skin patch test is recommended for those with sensitive skin.
For use in an essential oil diffuser: 1-6 drops can be added undiluted into the diffuser (ultrasonic, atmospheric).
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For external use only.
- Do not take orally.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted.
- If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Centre.
- If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with water or vegetable oil.
- Avoid exposure of applied area(s) to the sun.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or with children under the age of 6.
- If you experience nausea, dizziness, headache or an allergic reaction, discontinue use.