Umbels, with white or pinkish flowers, bearing ellipsoidal fruits covered with knotted spikes. Slightly ligneous taproots. When mature, umbels take on a characteristic “bird’s nest” shape.
Botanical name: Daucus carota ssp. sativa
Distilled part: Fruit/Seed
Aromatic molecules: Carotal, ?-pinene, ß-bisabolene
Odour: Sweet and fresh, but the tenacious undertone and dry-out is very heavy, earthy and slightly spicy
Daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil
Instructions for use:
For local massage: 1-2 drops added to 1-2 drops of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
For body massage: 2-10 drops added in 5-10 ml of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
A skin patch test is recommended for those with sensitive skin.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For external use only.
- Do not take orally.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted.
- If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Centre.
- If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with water or vegetable oil.
- Avoid exposure of applied area(s) to the sun.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or with children under the age of 6.
- If you experience nausea, dizziness, headache or an allergic reaction, discontinue use.