This annual aromatic herb native to Asia, with oval, shiny, dark and downy leaves, blooms at the end of summer. There are no fewer than 150 species of basil, which has a very strong fragrance, and white flowers at the end of the upper axis.
Botanical name: Ocimum basilicum ssp basilicum
Distilled part: Flowering top
Aromatic molecules: methyl chavicol
Odour: Sweet, anisic top-note, then harsh camphoraceous/spicy note with the chavicol note very noticeable
Ocimum basilicum oil*
*Organic signifies “proceeding from organic farming” (contrôle Certisys BE-BIO-01)
*ECOGARANTIE products certified organic in accordance with ECOGARANTIE (Certisys Control) specification
Instructions for use:
For local massage: 1-2 drops added to 1-2 drops of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
For body massage: 2-10 drops added in 5-10 ml of neutral vegetable carrier oil.
A skin patch test is recommended for those with sensitive skin.
At home, mix 8 drops of essential oil of Basil and 2 drops of Lemon essence in 50 ml of olive oil. Use this delightfully-perfumed oil to accompany a series of dishes such as tomato-mozzarella.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For external use only.
- Do not take orally.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted.
- If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Centre.
- If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with water or vegetable oil.
- Avoid exposure of applied area(s) to the sun.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or with children under the age of 3.
- If you experience nausea, dizziness, headache or an allergic reaction, discontinue use.