The two principal forms of gemmotherapy remedies are:
- Extracts of the individual buds (also known as individual mother-macerates): each extract contains all the properties of one plant;
- Complexes: combinations of individual bud extracts, designed to target specific problems.
This booklet summarises the application of key gemmotherapy remedies and provides a practical reference guide for identifying gemmotherapy remedies best suited to treat specific ailments.
Gemmotherapy is a well-researched discipline in the academic world, but it is still relatively unknown among the general public in many countries. However, these remedies are proving to have such a wide range and potency of action that Gemmotherapy will undoubtedly develop by leaps and bounds in the coming years, as homeopathy has done over the past decades.
HerbalGem’s range of gemmotherapy products will greatly contribute to your patient’s well-being.
The remedies are:
- Full of the energy and therapeutic properties of the buds.
- Prepared only with freshly-picked buds, which are wildcrafted from forests (all certified organic) or come from our own organic farms.
- Under strict control conditions, HerbalGem manages all the steps of production, from harvest to final product preparation (all produced in our own laboratory).
All HerbalGem’s gemmotherapy products are in concentrated form, and so only a small daily dose is required. The concentrate has several advantages over the usual, glycerinated macerate at a D1 dilution (i.e. when the macerate has been diluted ten-fold) in that:
- The quantity of alcohol and glycerin ingested is ten times less (i.e. 150 drops of D1 at 36% alcohol volume represents 7.5 ml of pure alcohol as opposed to 0.75 ml in the concentrated solution).
- Direct maceration in water/alcohol/glycerin mix effectively retains all the active principles of the buds.
- The ease with which it can be used due to the small number of drops to count.
Quality and Scientific Integrity
A meticulous selection of all plants used in preparation of HerbalGem’s products, together with the strict quality control procedures enforced at each stage of preparation and their experience of over 20 years in the field of gemmotherapy, ensure optimum quality and efficacy of all extracts.
HerbalGem only uses freshly picked buds, stabilized at the time of collection to ensure that no vitamins, minerals, natural plant hormones or nucleic acids are lost. The buds are collected directly from forests and organic farming by its dedicated team or by specially trained collectors. All products are prepared in our laboratory following HACCP regulations.
It is advised that concentrated gemmotherapy remedies be taken between meals, 2-3 times a day. To achieve an optimum result, place the drops directly on or under the tongue and hold the concentrated macerate in the mouth for a few seconds before swallowing. The drops may also be taken diluted in a little water.
Precautions for use:
- Do not use if safety seal is broken.
- Pregnant women should avoid taking bud extracts with hormonal action like Quercus robur (Oak), Rubus idaeus (Raspberry), Sequoia gigantea (Giant redwood), Vaccinium vitis-idaea (Cowberry).